In 2017, the Collective Impact Forum and the Aspen Institute Forum for Community Solutions commissioned ORS Impact and the Spark Policy Institute to conduct a field-wide evaluation of Collective Impact. The evaluation sought to answer the following five questions:
- To what extent and under what conditions does the Collective Impact approach contribute to systems and population changes?
- What system changes have contributed to the population level outcomes being achieved?
- What are the other positive or negative impacts, intended or unintended, on the community and system?
- What evidence is there that the Collective Impact effort has contributed to these system and population changes?
- What evidence is there that the population changes would not have been achieved if the Collective Impact approach hadn’t been used.