Join Dr. Glenda Eoyang and Liz Weaver as they explore the following questions in an animated conversation about the future. What if we were to live the future in our work, today? What patterns and possibilities are we observing and how are we responding? What shifts currently occurring should be leveraged and what can be released?
There has been a lot written about the incredible shifts we are experiencing in our work and home lives as a result of the COVID-19 crisis. Many of these shifts have included increased investment in front line health and mental health services and increased connections through online platforms and social supports, neighbours supporting neighbours. Other shifts have a more dramatic impact including loss of life, significant shifts in the economy, and deeper impacts on marginalized populations in accessing supports and services. There is increased anxiety and fear being expressed by people.
The Human Systems Dynamics Institute uses an inquiry-based problem-solving approach to understand and unravel the complexity of systems. Inquiry-based problem-solving is focused on three questions: what is happening now; so what does this mean and what adaptive actions can we take; and now what will we do?
The Human Systems Dynamics Institute has framed its work with the following simple rules:
- Take only what you need, and give what you can Turn judgment into curiosity
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Focus on what's true and useful
- Celebrate life
- Connect with stories and impacts
- Act with courage and care
Take Your Learning Further:
- Learn more about Human Systems Dynamics
- Read Forest and Trees: Our Collective Experience of COVID-19
- Learn about more HSD learning opportunities
- Watch Peace is a Pattern
- Explore other community building webinars