In this webinar, Jessie Sutherland touched on the key components to success in resident-led community change initiatives, including sustainability strategies. She also offered insights on how a belonging lens can transform our strategies, our relationships and our impact.
Comments from Jessie:
All residents led initiatives have the potential to contribute to cultures of belonging. If we want to build cultures of belonging that include systems change it is very hard to do without resources and an anchor organization. If we are committed to building belonging for those most marginalized there is a lot of scaffolding to help ensure success (eg. interpretation, translation, transportation, connection to services, supporting individual strengths, etc..). Residents organizing have an important role to play in contributing to robust cultures of belonging, regardless of connection to an organization or not.
Watch the Webinar Recording
Take Your Learning Further
- Watch Jessie's TEDx Talk on How to Build Cultures of Belonging
- Learn more about the Elder Financial Abuse Awareness Dialogue Project and Elder Self-organizing projects
- Watch Michael Quinn Patton and Mark Cabaj's discussion on Principle Focused Evaluation.
- Learn more about the Finding Home™ Initiative which supports individuals and neighbourhoods to foster a sense of belonging.
- For additional resources, feel free to connect with Jessie or visit the Intercultural Strategies website.