Listen as Lisa Attygalle joins with Rich Harwood—President and Founder of the Harwood Institute for Public Innovation—to explore how community leaders can step forward to be accountable to their communities as they navigate a shared path forward.
How we show up for our communities at this time will set the tone for how communities will work together moving forward. So how do we find a balance between a utopian vision to energize the community versus practical hope, and what might that look like today? How do we build and sustain momentum? How do we show accountability to our communities, and what is the difference between personal and shared responsibility?
Take Your Learning Further:
- Learn More about the Harwood Institute and explore their resources
- Read Rich Harwood's latest book Stepping Forward
- Read Seeking a New Relationship with Communities: How Local Elected Officials Want to Bridge Divides, Distrust, and Doubts
- Read The Ripple Effect: How Change Spreads in Communities
- Read Stepping Forward: A Positive, Practical Path to Transform Our Communities and Our Lives
- Read Lisa's paper Creating the Culture for Engagement