This resource is also available in French. Click here to access the French version.
This case study profiles the work of Quebec-based Collectivités ZéN (zéro émission nette), a collaborative that was launched by Front commun pour la transition énergétique in 2021. The movement represents a collective aspiration to advance just and equitable transitions by bringing community stakeholders together to engage in transformative actions for decarbonization.
The study puts a spotlight on four of the climate transition hubs in Quebec that make up Collectivités ZéN:
- The Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean region and the work of the Grand dialogue pour la transition socio-écologique du Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean
- The Ahuntsic-Cartierville region and the work of Mobilisation environnement Ahuntsic-Cartierville (MEAC)
- The Laval region and the work of Laval ZéN
- The Lachine region and the work of ClimAction Lachine
Take your learning further:
- Watch the recording of our webinar with the Collectivités ZéN team
- Read another Quebec-based case study: Common threads: Weaving climate action in Montreal
- Learn about Mobilizing youth leadership for climate action