Co-CEO Tamarack & Director, Vibrant Communities
Remote Office: Waterloo, Ontario
Paul Born grew up as the son of Mennonite refugees. This is what has made him deeply curious about and engaged in ideas that cause people to work together for the common good.
Paul is the Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Tamarack Institute and the Founder and Director of Vibrant Communities. He is the author of four books, including two Canadian best sellers. Paul is a global faculty member of the Asset Based Community Development Institute (ABCD) and a senior fellow of Ashoka, the world’s largest network of social innovators.
Area of Expertise
- Cities Reducing Poverty
- Deepening Community
- Community Conversations
- Community Engagement
- Collaborative Leadership
- Movement Building
- Fundraising for Collective Impact
Seminars and Workshops
- Welcome the Stranger. 2018
- How to Develop a Common Agenda for a Collective Impact: A 5 Step Guide. 2017. Community Change Institute Series.
- Our Community Can Change. 2016. Community Change Institute Series.
- Possible. 2015. Engage!
- Deepening Community. Finding Joy Together in Chaotic times. 2014. Berrett Koehler Publisher, San Francisco. (A best seller with over 8,000 copies sold in the first year)
- Community Conversations. Mobilizing the Ideas, Skills and Passion of Community Organizations, Governments, Businesses, and People. 2012, BPS Books Toronto. (A Canadian best seller with more than 20,000 copies sold)
- Creating Vibrant Communities. How Individuals and Organizations from Diverse Sectors of Society Are Coming Together to Reduce Poverty in Canada. 2008, BPS Books, Toronto.
- Leaderful Communities. A Study in Community Leadership. 2008, VDMVerlag
- Deepening Community for Collective Impact
- Deepening Community for Organizations
- Community Engagement and Systems Change
- Community Engagement Principles to Build and Sustain a Common Agenda
- Community Conversations – Large scale Engagement
- Top 100 Partners Tool
- The First 12 Months – Effectively Launching a Collective Impact Initiative
- Fundraising for Social Change
Connect with Paul