Remote Office: Waterloo, Ontario
Paul Born is the cofounder and President of Tamarack Institute, a global leader on issues of place, collective impact, and community innovation. The author of four books, Born is internationally recognized for his community-building activities that have won awards from the United Nations and as a senior fellow of Ashoka, the world’s largest network of social innovators.
Paul Born grew up in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia as the son of Mennonite refugees. This in part is what made him deeply curious about and engaged in ideas that cause people to work together for the common good, work that he describes as collective altruism. He holds a Masters degree in Leadership is considered a global leader in helping organizations and communities to develop innovative ideas that motivate people to collaborative action.
Seminars and Workshops
Paul is a motivational speaker, facilitator and large scale community change consultant. Paul resides in Waterloo, Ontario.
Area of Expertise
- Community Engagement
- Community Development (Deepening Community)
- Collaborative Leadership
- Movement Building
- Fundraising for Collective Impact
- How to Develop a Common Agenda for a Collective Impact: A 5 Step Guide. 2017. Community Change Institute Series.
- Our Community Can Change. 2016. Community Change Institute Series.
- Possible. 2015. Engage!
- Deepening Community. Finding Joy Together in Chaotic times. 2014. Berrett Koehler Publisher, San Francisco. (A best seller with over 8,000 copies sold in the first year)
- Community Conversations. Mobilizing the Ideas, Skills and Passion of Community Organizations, Governments, Businesses, and People. 2012, BPS Books Toronto. (A Canadian best seller with more than 20,000 copies sold)
- Creating Vibrant Communities. How Individuals and Organizations from Diverse Sectors of Society Are Coming Together to Reduce Poverty in Canada. 2008, BPS Books, Toronto.
- Leaderful Communities. A Study in Community Leadership. 2008, VDMVerlag
- Deepening Community for Collective Impact
- Deepening Community for Organizations
- Community Engagement and Systems Change
- Community Engagement Principles to Build and Sustain a Common Agenda
- Community Conversations – Large scale Engagement
- Top 100 Partners Tool
- The First 12 Months – Effectively Launching a Collective Impact Initiative
- Fundraising for Social Change
Connect with Paul