This webinar recording features a conversation with a panel of community advocates who are working to change how we see labeled people (e.g., “young,” “disabled,” “employment insecure”) in our communities.
We explored this topic from a service-centered approach and considering how to best promote the inclusion of so-called labelled individuals and to help them become leaders in the places where they live.
For an overview of topics and questions discussed during the conversation, please see the YouTube description.
- Heather Keam, Tamarack Institute
- Templeton Sawyer, Teamwork Cooperative
- Justin Eweka, Easter Seals Nova Scotia
- Jennifer Delhorbe, KW Habilitation
Deepen Your Learning:
- Familiarize yourself with the concept of Asset-Based Community Development
- Dive into the ideas of John McKnight and Peter Block in their book The Abundant Community: Awakening the Power of Families and Neighborhoods