This webinar provides guidance, practical tips and tools for collaborative groups to take their community engagements online.
This intro session will be particularly useful to groups who are using a community-wide multi-sectoral approach to creating or renewing poverty reduction strategies and neighbourhood/community plans.
Start Planning Your Virtual Engagement:
- Fill in the Community Engagement Planning Canvas
- Clarify your "why" using Capire's Engagement Triangle and The Engagement Continuum
- Brainstorm your "how" using using the Index of Community Engagement Techniques
- Explore useful collaboration software:
- Mural – A platform for interactive collaboration (Find Tamarack's Mural how-to video here)
- Bang the Table: Stories, Guestbook, Questions, Forum, Ideas, Places
- ThoughtExchange – A platform for real-time community conversations online
- Liberating Structures Slack Discussion Group – A discussion forum for using Liberating Structures facilitation techniques in a virtual environment
- Plan for accessibility using SFU's Tipsheet for Accessibility and Equity in Online Engagement during COVID-19 and Capire's Inclusive Community Engagement publication
- Refer back to Lisa's PowerPoint Presentation
- Develop your facilitator skills and toolbox by taking the online course, Foundations of Community Engagement, by Lisa Attygale
- Connect with your Manager of Cities to request a peer group or one-on-one coaching session to support you in developing your virtual community engagement plan.