Tamarack’s Communities Ending Poverty hosted two conversations that explored how CEP members were developing, implementing, and centering anti-racist and equity frameworks in their anti-poverty work.
CEP member communities were asked to speak to the following:
- How they began shifting mindsets to actively tackle anti-racism
- What internal and external actions demonstrate their commitment to anti-racism and equity
- How they created space to think outside of the box with new partners and to integrate new ideas into practice
- What has worked well, what challenges were navigated, and what advice they had to share.
The following organizations were included in this work:
- Saskatoon Poverty Reduction Partnership
- City of Vancouver
- Alberni Clayoquot Health Network
- Ville de Montréal service de la diversité et de l'inclusion sociale
- Vibrant Communities Calgary
- Wellbeing Waterloo Region
- Winnipeg Poverty Reduction Council