Date: Wednesday, September 12
Topic: Basic Income
If you would like to speak to a particular topic, please contact Natasha Pei.
Membership in the Provincial/Territorial Government Officials for Poverty Reduction Community of Practice (GO CoP) is reserved for government representatives of all provinces and territories who are responsible for, or directly involved in, poverty reduction efforts in their official governmental capacity. The purpose of this CoP is to create structured opportunities for members to:
- Interact, share information and exchange knowledge and experience regarding governmental poverty reduction strategies in Canada;
- Share emerging findings and research in the area of poverty reduction including effectiveness and impact; and
Members agree that, unless expressly stated otherwise, all discussions, exchanges and information flowing from this community's activities shall be treated as private and confidential.
- Foster opportunities for collaboration amongst participants.
If you have any questions about this CoP please email Natasha.
Benefits of Membership
By joining this unique community of practice you will be able to share your experiences and knowledge in free-flowing and creative ways with other provincial/territorial government officials who are working on similar challenges and issues. By engaging in facilitated conversations with your peers, you will uncover new approaches to problems, build your professional skill set, access new ideas and contribute to the transfer of best practices.
- Provide a platform of support and ongoing professional development for Provincial/Territorial government representatives who are working on the poverty reduction portfolio in their region.
- Keep abreast of and participate in leading best practices
- Identify potential areas for research and development
- Mentorship to build capability of less experienced practitioners
- Provide a facilitated communication channel
- Provide a mutual support network for poverty reduction practitioners across Canada
- Create a link with other networks and Communities of Practice
The Provincial/Territorial Government Officials for Poverty Reduction Community of Practice is comprised of a government officials and staff members who are responsible for administering the poverty reduction portfolio in provinces and territories across Canada. Here are some of the groups that take part:
- Government of Alberta
- Government of British Columbia
- Government of Manitoba
- Government of New Brunswick
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Government of the Northwest Territories
- Government of Ontario
- Government of Saskatchewan
Still have questions?
Reach out to Natasha at Natasha@tamarackcommunity.ca