About Cities Reducing Poverty
Cities Reducing Poverty is a collective impact movement and network aimed at reducing poverty through the place-based efforts of multi-sector roundtables and the alignment of strategies at the municipal, provincial, territorial, and federal levels. Every year more cities join this Pan-Canadian initiative, thereby strengthening our ability to collectively learn from one another, and effectively reduce and eradicate poverty in our communities.
Currently, 70 local initiatives representing 330 local municipalities belong to the network, and have committed to:
- Focusing on poverty reduction/elimination over poverty alleviation;
- The idea of collective impact and using a multi-stakeholder approach to lead community change;
- An understanding that poverty is complex and that it has multiple causes and solutions;
- Leveraging the assets of their whole communities to drive long-term change;
- Engaging individuals with lived experience in their planning efforts; and,
- Doing learning and evaluation every step of the way.
Join the Movement
Vibrant Communities Canada’s primary purpose is to ensure that local poverty reduction initiatives in cities, towns, regions, provinces, and territories are successful. Through our premiere, national learning network we aim to make the work of Cities Reducing Poverty easier and more effective.
Members are given opportunities to:
- Connect and Engage with experts and municipal and community leaders from local poverty reduction strategies and roundtables across Canada through regular online and face-to-face meetings and online learning community.
- Learn together about innovative and effective tools, approaches and ideas for tackling poverty through communities of practice, action teams, webinars, a common evaluation framework, an annual national poverty reduction summit, and peer or professional coaching. We are especially committed to co-generating learning opportunities with our member communities.
- Influence policies and systems that matter to your community by engaging in action teams, accessing our policy clearing house and publications, as well as participating in discussions within a growing national network of cities with a notable history and a credible voice.
Annual Cities Reducing Poverty membership rewards include:
- Two complimentary seats to the national CRP member gathering.
- Priority access to Tamarack's online and phone-based Expert Coaching Centre.
- Assignment to a regional Manager of Cities for targeted one-on-one support.
- Access to peer coaching from an extensive network of experienced convenors.
- Participation in exclusive convenor calls with CRP roundtable leaders and staff.
- Opportunity for intensive support on measuring and reporting your local impact.
- Resource development learning for building sustainable leadership and financial health.
- Invitations to monthly webinars featuring experts from the field.
- Participation in professional, online communities of practice.
- Annual subscription to the CRP e-magazine and policy digest for poverty reduction practitioners.
- Discounts to attend most of Tamarack's face to face learning events.
- Discounts on books and other resources.
- Unlimited access to Tamarack’s amazing online learning community featuring policy tools, publications, case studies, and online resources hosted at www.tamarackcommunity.ca
Still have questions?
Please contact one of our City Managers for information about our annual membership investment levels:
Manager of Western Cities: Alison Homer, email@example.com
Manager of Eastern Cities: Natasha Pei, firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager of Cities: Elle Richards, email@example.com