After months of social distancing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are facing what some are calling a “loneliness pandemic.” Social isolation is increasingly being recognized as a public health issue in Canada.
This webinar discussion featured Lisa Richmond from Cardus, Sonia Hsiung from Alliance for Healthier Communities and Dr. Trevor Hancock in a discussion about the state of loneliness and social isolation in Canada. They also explored innovative models for fostering community connection such as social prescribing and nature prescribing.
Take Your Learning Further:
- View webinar slide deck
- Learn about the National Academy for Social Prescribing in the UK
- Read Social Prescribing in Ontario: Final Report
- Read Social Isolation, Loneliness and COVID-19, a report from Angus Reid Institute
- Read The Psychological Impact of COVID-19 in Canada
- Check out the Social Prescribing Guidebook for Team-based Primary Care Providers in Ontario