"Working in complexity can surface some tough challenges, but they are not insurmountable. Transformational change is possible." - Liz Weaver
In her article, Transformational Change is Possible, Liz Weaver explains that complex problems require a different way of working. They require intense engagement of a wide variety of influential partners who leverage their collective resources to drive toward outcomes - a little something we like to call Collective Impact.
There are five conditions in the Collective Impact framework:
- Building a common agenda
- Engaging in shared measurement
- Supporting the collaborative work through mutually reinforcing activities
- Keeping partners and the community engaged through continuous communications
- Ensuring that the collective effort is supported by a backbone infrastructure
So you're meeting all these conditions... what's next?
Transformational change is not easy, but it is possible. In order to create lasting change there are six essential elements that must be present:
- Practice system leadership
- Embrace a framework
- Access community readiness
- Focus on data and measurement
- Communicate and engage
- Ask, what's next?
For a more indepth look at these six essential elements take a look at the full article.